Christian Counselling & Coaching
After successful completion of our Christian Counselling & Coaching Training Course, you will be able to open your practice and more important – have a theoretical basis and DO THE WORK.
Open your own practice as a Dynamic Life Practitioner, qualified with our flagship Christian Counselling & Coaching Certification.
This Christian Counselling & Coaching training course is the only learning programme in South Africa, combining the two disciplines of counselling and coaching at this level. Not only will delegates learn all the theory, models and principles to become an effective Counsellor and/or Life Coach, but we include all the practical training in the Curriculum. This means you will take the next step of opening your own practice with confidence and skills. Also included is a Practice Management Module that empower delegates to sell their services and build their practices.
Are you interested in minimising the struggles and suffering of your clients and at the same time assist them in reaching their full potential? This training course will not only inspire, but also provide all the practical tools and skills for sustainable change and transformation.
Counseling is a talking therapy in which we address difficulties that are preventing you from moving forward, both past and present. As a counsellor, you will help resolve your client’s problems constructively by assisting them in clarifying issues, exploring possibilities, developing strategies, and increasing self-awareness.
During coaching, we will turn to the activation of powerful long-distance positive changes within our client. Benefits for the client will be clarity of vision, purpose, and value as a person. Accepting responsibility, being motivated and problem-solving skills will help reach your client his/her untapped potential.
Who Should Attend?
- Aspiring professional coaches, pastors, life coaches, career coaches, Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioners, pastoral & life counsellors, religious practitioners and sport coaches.
- Anyone who wants to support other people in achieving a specific personal and/or professional goal.
Course Fee Inclusions
- All Training Material
- Hybrid (Live Streaming, Online, Contact) Training
- Assessment and Certification
- Practice Management Module
Christian Counselling & Coaching Certification Process
- Completion of Enrollment Form
- Confirmation & Billing
- Booking of Seat / Payment
- Online Contact Session Attendance. As per schedule provided.
- Practical Assignments
- Submission of Assignments
Christian Counselling & Coaching Training Course Outline (Syllabus)
(Activate the link below for more information on the content of the module).
Module 1: Biblical Basis for Counselling
- Introduction to Biblical Counselling
- The Word & Spirit in Counselling
- The Ministry of Counselling
Module 2: Foundations for Counselling
- The Qualifications of the Counsellor
- The Foundations of Biblical Counselling
- Counselling Presuppositions
Module 3: The Counselling Process
- Counselling Preliminaries
- Gathering & Clarifying Information
- Installing Hope
- Breaking Down the Problem
- Using Scripture in Counselling
- Sharing Solutions
- Giving & Checking Homework
Module 4: Counselling Resources
- Counselling Cautions
- Using Illustrations in Counselling
- Common Counselling Preliminaries
- Counselling Resources
Module 5: Competencies
- Basic Skills
- Attending, Questioning & Clarifying, Reflecting Feelings, Summarization, Confronting, Connecting, Analysis Methods & Integration
- Advanced Skills
- Power of Believing, Cross-Cultural Theory, Preventing Suicide, Counselling Children, Counselling Teenagers, Post Traumatic Stress Disorders, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy & Myers-Briggs Temperament Theory
Module 6: Areas of Specialisation
- Marriage & Family
- Domestic Violence
Module 7: Life Purpose
Module 8: Praxis
- Biblical Foundation for Change
- Sustainable Change
- Dealing with Self
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Interpersonal Problems
- Life Dominating Problems
- God’s Standard for Life
Module 9: Christian Life Coaching
- Setting Goals
- Change & Action
- Rules & Expectations
- Human Needs
- Modelling, Process & Methods
Module 10: Practice Management
- Vision & Mission
- Ethical Standards
- Registration & Accreditation
- Legal Requirements
- Practice Automation
Training Approach & Schedule
- Approach: Webinar, Streaming, e-Learning, One-on-One Coaching, Group Coaching and Workshop Attendance (A Hybrid Approach)
- 12 – 24 Months
Additional Benefits & Free Gift
- All Tools and templates necessary for starting your own Practice.
- A step-by-step template based structure on conducting a individual coaching sessions and a complete coaching process.
- Inclusion in the worldwide LCA Alumni Network and database.
- Free lifelong membership of Club Up-livity, The Leadership Foundation & CrossRoads In Life.
- Subject matter mentoring on demand and as per agreement.
- A free, inclusive module on Practice Management.
- Optional registration with COMENSA, as well as international registration with the International Christian Coaching Association and/or the American Association of Christian Counselors.