In addition to the ethical codes of our accreditation and registered bodies, we abide by the following Ethical Code:
Section 1: Core Values
In pursuance of training and/or coaching, whether for gain or not, we will at all times endeavour to abide by our core values:
- Unquestionable Integrity
- Quality & Professionalism
- Community & Equality
- Interactive Relationships
- A Hollistic Approach
These core values form the foundation of our existence and will guide our behaviour and conduct in the following manner:
Section 2: Professional Conduct
- We will not knowingly make any public statement that is untrue or misleading about what we offer as a training provider, or make false claims in any written documents relating to the coaching profession or our credentials or affiliation.
- We will conduct ourselves in accordance with this and other Codes of Ethics through affiliateship, membership or accreditation in all our activities.
- We will conduct and report research with competence, honesty, and within recognized scientific standards and applicable subject guidelines. Our research will be carried out with the necessary consent and approval of those involved, and with an approach that will protect participants from any potential harm. All research efforts will be performed in a manner that complies with all the applicable laws of the country in which the research is conducted.
- We will maintain, store, and dispose of any records created during our core business, including all learner and client contact information in a manner that promotes confidentiality, security, and privacy, and complies with any applicable laws and agreements.
- We will seek to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts of interest and openly disclose any such conflicts. We will offer to remove ourselves when such a conflict arises.
- We will disclose to our clients and his or her sponsor(s) all anticipated compensation from third parties that wemay pay or receive for referrals of that client.
- We will only barter for services, goods or other non-monetary remuneration when it will not impair the client relationship.
- We will not knowingly take any personal, professional, or monetary advantage or benefit of the client relationship, except by a form of compensation as agreed in the agreement or contract.
- We will refer a client to another training provider if we are not within our areas of expertise or comfort, so the client gets the best possible information.
- We hold ourselves accountable to the highest level of integrity, individually and corporately, in all my associations with clients and learners.
- We will give credit where credit is due for materials supplied by other sources, respecting copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property.
- We will recognize and honor the efforts and contributions of others and not misrepresent them as my own. We understand that violating this standard may leave us subject to legal remedy by a third party.
- We will actively pursue well being, wholeness, and continual learning in our own lives.
Section 3: Confidentiality/Privacy
- We will maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality with all client and sponsor information. We will have a clear agreement or contract before releasing information to another person, unless required by law.
- We will never give a client’s name to anyone, for any purpose, without express permission from the client.
- We will have a clear agreement upon how information will be exchanged among ourselves, client, and sponsor.
- When acting as a trainer of student coaches, we will clarify confidentiality policies with the students.
Section 4: Conflict of Interest
- We will judiciously avoid conflicts of interest. If any should arise, we shall, without delay, inform concerned parties of our position.
- We will, at all times, strive to recognize personal issues that may impair, conflict, or interfere with our performance or professional relationships. Whenever the facts and circumstances necessitate, we will promptly seek professional assistance and determine the action to be taken, including whether it is appropriate to suspend or terminate our relationship(s).
Section 5: My Pledge as Professional Coach
We acknowledge and agree to honour our ethical and legal obligations to our learners, clients and sponsors, colleagues, the coaching industry and to the public at large.